Leaving from Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii, on the Ovation of the Seas. Select Sail Date
Kona Highlights - KN01
Starting from $50.00 USD / Adult*
Starting from $37.00 USD / Kids Under 12*
- Book This Excursion
- to add this to your cruise reservation
Explore Kona's cultural heritage and history at three key sights. Artifacts are displayed at Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Park, the site where Hawaiian lawbreakers and vanquished warriors found a "Place of Refuge" into the 19th century. At the turn of the 20th century, an artistic parish priest designed a miniature Gothic cathedral and created the decor that earned it the nickname, "the Painted Church." At the Royal Kona Coffee store, sample the island's world-famous coffee.
• Place of Refuge: A national park preserves the site where Hawaiians who broke sacred ancient laws could avoid capital punishment.
• St. Benedict Church: See the Gothic "Painted Church" designed, built and decorated by a parish priest over a century ago.
• Royal Kona Coffee: Sample Kona's famous coffee, brewed from premium beans cultivated on volcanic slopes.
What to Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
Activity Type: Destination Highlights
Top Reasons To Book Our Shore Excursions:
- Tour With Us For Unbeatable Value: Unique experiences crafted for all kinds of travelers make Royal Caribbean Shore Excursions the best all-around value.
- Best Local Tours: We team up with the top tour operators in each port to deliver the highest-quality, handpicked tours.
- In-Depth Experiences: Immerse yourself in culturally rich tours that change the way you see the world.
- Worry-Free Gaurantee: Enjoy peace of mind with guaranteed return to the ship and hassle-free cancellation.
- Our most popular tours and activities often sell out so we recommend advance booking for the best selection and availability.
Prices of Shore Excursions include local transportation, such as motor coaches, limousines, taxis and boats (unless otherwise indicated in the excursion description). Meals and/or beverages are only provided when specified in the excursion description. Snorkeling, scuba and golf tours only include the equipment specified as part of the price. Shore Excursions are subject to cancellation or modification, depending on the number of guests participating. In the event of an excursion cancellation or modification, we will endeavor to provide advance notice to you. Certain tours have a minimum booking requirement, or must be limited to a maximum number of participants. Not all excursions described on this website may be available during a particular sailing. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. reserves the right to cancel any Shore Excursion due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever, and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to guest(s) by reason of such cancellation. Full refunds will be extended to guests holding tickets for cancelled Shore Excursions. The Guest accepts that Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. acts as agent only for passengers and has no responsibility for the performance of the Shore Excursions herein specified. See your travel partner for additional terms and conditions applicable to your purchase of a Shore Excursion. Shore Excursions can be modified or cancelled up to 48 hours prior to tour port arrival without penalty. Tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays and Private Journeys must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties. Other restrictions may apply. These terms do not apply to Perfect Day at CocoCay activities; see Perfect Day at CocoCay activities-specific terms and conditions below + In the unlikely event that your tour is significantly delayed, we’ll make all the arrangements for you to return to the ship at the earliest opportunity at no expense to you.
The following terms apply to Perfect Day at CocoCay activities only. Prices Reflect Savings. Perfect Day at Cococay activities are subject to availability. Meal and/or beverages are provided only if specified. Guest may cancel purchase(s) made via Cruise Planner up to forty-eight hours prior to the cruise departure date. Perfect Day at Cococay activities can be modified or cancelled up to 48 hours prior to arrival at Perfect Day at CocoCay without penalty. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to cancel any Perfect Day at Cococay activities due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever, and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to guest(s) by reason of such cancellation; guests will be issued a refund in the original form of payment to the guest folio. Other restrictions may apply. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. Images and messaging for Perfect Day at CocoCay reflect current design concepts and may include artistic renderings. All destination features and experiences, and related delivery timing for these features, are currently in development and are subject to change without notice. Perfect Day and CocoCay are trademarks of Royal Caribbean. ©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- *Prices are average per person, cruise only, based on occupancy selected, reflect promotional savings (if any), for new individual bookings, are subject to change and availability.
- Taxes, fees and port expenses are subject to change.
- Additional terms and conditions apply to offers; click on the respective link for offer details.